Prev이전 문서

Next다음 문서

+ - Up Down Comment Print
?

단축키

Prev이전 문서

Next다음 문서

+ - Up Down Comment Print

바로 이 점에 나의 고충이, 그리고 그들 쪽에도 하나의 고충이 있었는지도 모른다. 이러한 종류의 미묘한 심리적 갈등이 한두 번, 그나마 가볍게 노출되었던 것 외에 무슨 다른 어려움이 있었던 것은 아니었다.

It was the ambiguity of the situation that troubled me and perhaps that was what troubled them as well.  Except one or two incidents os such delicate psychological conflict, which was only briefly exposed, there were no difficulties. 

다만 중학교를 진학하지 못하고 고작 검정고시로 가난한 마음을 달래고 있는 이들에게 중학교의 입학금과 학비를 내가 조달해야 하는가 하는 문제가 나를 상당히 우울하게 하였다. 이 문제에 관하여 나는 감상적으로 되는 나를 애써 경계하면서 이러저러한 논리를 갖추어 이성적으로 판단해야 한다고 다짐하면서도, 문득문득 눈앞에 서는 이 초등학교 '7학년', '8학년'의 위축된 모습에서 여러 차례에 걸쳐 번민하지 않을 수 없었다.

The only miserable thing for me was trying to find a way to come up with the tuition for their secondary school, knowing the kids had to console themselves by taking qualifying examinations for high schools instead of actually attending secondary schools.  I warned myself against such sentimentality concerning the matter and made up my mind to be reasonable and logical in my decision.  Nevertheless, I could not help being agonized at the dispirited features of these 7th and 8th graders. 

매달 100원씩 붓는 우리들의 우편저금이 먼 훗날 어떠한 형식으로 이 잃어버린 중학 시절의 공허와 설움을 보상해줄 수 있겠는가.

How could our monthly savings of 100 won compensate for the hollow void and grief of having to miss out on school?

1966년 이른 봄철 민들레 씨앗처럼 가벼운 마음으로 해후하였던 나와 이 꼬마들의 가난한 이야기는 나의 급작스런 구속으로 말미암아 더욱 쓸쓸한 이야기로 잊혀지고 말 것인지…….

I am afraid the story that started with our first meeting, the meeting as light-hearted as the floating dandelion seeds in the early spring of 1966 would ever be faded into a sad and desolate ending by my sudden arrest and subsequent imprisonment. . . .

ChungGuHoe61p.jpg

나눔글꼴 설치 안내

이 PC에는 나눔글꼴이 설치되어 있지 않습니다.

이 사이트를 나눔글꼴로 보기 위해서는
나눔글꼴을 설치해야 합니다.

설치 취소

Designed by sketchbooks.co.kr / sketchbook5 board skin

Sketchbook5, 스케치북5

Sketchbook5, 스케치북5

Sketchbook5, 스케치북5

Sketchbook5, 스케치북5