Prev이전 문서

Next다음 문서

+ - Up Down Comment Print
?

단축키

Prev이전 문서

Next다음 문서

+ - Up Down Comment Print

우리는 계속 부지런히 장충체육관 앞에서 만났고 엽서와 편지를 주고받아가며 우리의 역사를, 우리의 애정을 키워왔던 것이다.

We continued to meet in front of Jang-chung Gymnasium, while sending and receiving postcards and letters, in such a way to cultivate our history and promote our love.

지금 옥방에 구속된 몸으로 이 글을 적으면서도 애석하고 마음 아픈, 이른바 실패의 기억처럼 회상되는 일이 하나 있다.

There is one thing that still pains me and makes me sad, something that is recollected as a memory of failure, now while I am writing this story in this prison cell. 

1968년 1월 3일에 청구회 꼬마들을 우리 집으로 초대하여 간소한 회식을 갖자고 제의하여 이들의 승낙을 받았다. 그러나 약속날인 1월 3일 12시 동대문 체육관 앞에는 한 사람도 나타나지 않았다. 나는 이들의 초대를 위하여 어머니에게 이들의 면면을 말씀드려 '회식'의 준비에 각별한 애정을 느끼게끔 미리 터를 닦아놓기까지 하였던 터였다.

I invited the kids to my house on January 3, 1968, and got their consent.  I waited for them at 12 noon on January 3 in front of Dong-dae-mun Gymnasium but nobody showed up.  I made arrangements by asking my mother ahead of time to prepare some food for this occasion and she took special care to do so. 

12시부터 약 1시간 40분 동안 추운 버스정류장에서 이들을 기다렸다. 처음 한 시간은 12시 약속을 1시 약속으로 착오하고 있을지도 모른다는 생각으로, 그리고 그 후 40분은 도중에 무슨 일로 좀 늦어질지도 모른다는 마음으로 기다렸다. 1시간 40분을 행길 가에 서서 기다렸다. 흔히 약속 시간보다 1시간씩이나 일찍 나타나곤 하던 이 녀석들의 특유의 버릇을 생각하여 근처의 담뱃가게에 소상히 문의해보는 일도 잊지 않았다.

I had waited for them for about an hour and forty minutes starting from 12 o'clock in the cold bus terminal.  For the first hour, I thought that perhaps they had mistaken the time of appointment for 1 o'clock instead of 12, then for the next forty minutes, I thought that perhaps something had delayed their arrival.  I had been waiting for them on the road.  I did not forget to ask an attendant at a nearby convenience store whether they were seen around, remembering that they used to arrive one hour earlier than the appointed time. 

ChungGuHoe57p.jpg

나눔글꼴 설치 안내

이 PC에는 나눔글꼴이 설치되어 있지 않습니다.

이 사이트를 나눔글꼴로 보기 위해서는
나눔글꼴을 설치해야 합니다.

설치 취소

Designed by sketchbooks.co.kr / sketchbook5 board skin

Sketchbook5, 스케치북5

Sketchbook5, 스케치북5

Sketchbook5, 스케치북5

Sketchbook5, 스케치북5