66년 임관 직후 내가 예의 그 허술한 국민복 상의를 벗어버리고

?

단축키

Prev이전 문서

Next다음 문서

ESC닫기

+ - Up Down Comment Print

66년 임관 직후 내가 예의 그 허술한 국민복 상의를 벗어버리고 정복 정모에 계급장을 번쩍이면서 장충체육관 앞에 나타났을 때 청구회 꼬마들이 큰 눈으로 신기해하고 자랑스러워하는 품이란 그대로 흐뭇한 한바탕 축하회였다.

In 1966, right after my commission, I showed up in front of Jang-Chung Gymnasium in brilliant full-dress uniform and regulation cap instead of my usual shabby jumper.  They feasted their big eyes on me and became proud of me, which itself was a great party. 

그날 나와 꼬마들이 옆으로 늘어서서 이야기를 주거니 받거니 걸어가는데 저만큼에서 육군병사 한 명이 차렷 자세로 내게 경례하였다. 그 병사가 구태여 걸음을 멈추고 차렷 자세로 정식 경례를 한 마음씨가 짐작할 만하였다. 그 광경을 목격한 이 꼬마들의 뛸 듯이 기뻐하는 모습이라니. 나도 으쓱해지려는 치기를 어쩔 수 없었던 터였다. 이번 봄 소풍에 육사 생도들을 참가시키자는 것은 오히려 꼬마들 쪽에서 먼저 얘기를 꺼낸 것이기도 하였다.

When we walked along, chatting among ourselves, a military policeman saluted at attention to me from a far.  I could guess his good nature when he stopped to salute at attention, but how pleased the kids were at the sight!  It certainly tempted me to be childish and be proud of myself.  In fact, it was the kids themselves who first suggested the cadets of the Military Academy join the spring picnic.

나는 3학년 경제학원론 강의를 빨리 진행하여 일찍 마친 다음 생도들에게 청구회의 봄소풍 작전을 공개하여 그 참가를 희망하는 생도는 강의가 끝난 후 경제학과 교수실로 와서 신청하도록 광고(?)하였다. 상당히 광범한 반응이 일었다. 이처럼 많은 희망자가 쏟아져 나왔다는 사실을 나는 결코 이화여대의 '청맥회'가 동행하기 때문이라고 생각하지는 않았다. 청구회에 얽힌 몇 가지 에피소드만으로도 충분히 호감이 가는 소풍이 아닐 수 없었다. 다른 생도들보다 비교적 일찍이, 그것도 6명이 단체로 신청한 생도들과 약속하였다. 그 후 많은 생도들의 신청을 무마하여 다음 기회로 미루어 돌려보내느라 상당히 오랫동안 고역을 치렀다.

After I finished my lecture on Introduction to Economics early, I publicized the spring picnic project and asked those who wanted to join to apply at the Faculty Office.  A widespread response from the cadets flew in.  I did not think the reason for such a response to be the participation of female students from Chung-maek Society of Ewha Women's University.  For a few episodes related to the kids made it quite attractive to the cadets.  I promised to invite a group of 6 cadets who applied earlier than others, having a hard time dissuading other applicants with an excuse for a next chance.

ChungGuHoe49p.jpg

나눔글꼴 설치 안내

이 PC에는 나눔글꼴이 설치되어 있지 않습니다.

이 사이트를 나눔글꼴로 보기 위해서는
나눔글꼴을 설치해야 합니다.

설치 취소

Designed by sketchbooks.co.kr / sketchbook5 board skin

Sketchbook5, 스케치북5

Sketchbook5, 스케치북5

Sketchbook5, 스케치북5

Sketchbook5, 스케치북5