나는 어린이들의 세계에 들어가는 방법을 누구보다도 잘 안다

?

단축키

Prev이전 문서

Next다음 문서

ESC닫기

+ - Up Down Comment Print

나는 어린이들의 세계에 들어가는 방법을 누구보다도 잘 안다. 중요한 것은 '첫 대화'를 무사히 마치는 일이다. 대화를 주고받았다는 사실은 서로의 거리를 때에 따라서는 몇 년씩이나 당겨주는 것이다. 그러므로 내가 꼬마들에게 던지는 첫마디는 반드시 대답을 구하는, 그리고 대답이 가능한 것이어야 한다. 만일 "얘, 너 이름이 뭐냐?"라는 첫마디를 던진다면 그들로서는 우선 대답해줄 필요를 느끼지 않을 뿐만 아니라 오히려 놀림의 대상이 되었다는 불쾌감으로 일정한 간격을 유지하고 뱅글뱅글 돌아가기만 할 뿐 결코 대화가 이루어지지 않는다. 그러므로 나는 반드시 대답을 필요로 하는 질문을, 그리고 어린이들이 가장 예민하게 알아차리는 놀림의 느낌이 전혀 없는 질문을 궁리하여 말을 걸어야 하는 것이다.

I know better than anybody else how to enter the world of children. What is important is to manage 'the first conversation' smoothly. The very fact that we exchange conversation narrows the gap, often, by several years.  For this reason, I needed to start the conversation with a question, a question that needed an answer that the boys could give.  Something like, "What's your name?" would be no good because the boys would not feel the question important enough to be answered, or, because they would feel that they become the object of laughing. Then, it will never narrow the gap.  I had to speak to them by asking questions that required answers, without giving them any impression of being made fun of, or making them self-conscious, because if there is any, they would be aware of it most sensitively.

이미 그들은 내가 그들 쪽으로 옮겨오고 있음을 알고 제법 긴장들을 하고 있었다. 그것은 그들의 걸음걸이가 조금 빨라지고 자주 나를 돌아다보는 것으로 충분히 알 수 있었다. 그래서 나는 그들의 예상을 뒤엎고 그들을 앞질러버릴 때까지 말을 건네지 않고 걸어갈 수밖에 없었다.

Realizing that I was moving toward them they were already getting nervous. I was able to notice it by their quickened steps and their frequent glances back at me.  Therefore, to their surprise, I had to walk on without talking to them until I overtook them. 

저쪽 산기슭의 양지에는 벌써 진달래가 피어 있었다. 나는 문득 생각난 듯이 꼬마들 쪽으로 돌아서며 "이 길이 서오릉 가는 길이 틀림없지?" 하고 그 첫마디를 던졌다. 이 물음은 그들에게는 전혀 부담이 없는 질문이다. '예' 또는 '아니오'로 충분한 것이며, 또 그들로 하여금 자선의 기회와 긍지도 아울러 제공해주는 질문이었다.

Already on the sunny side of the skirts of the mountain beyond were azaleas in bloom.  I turned to the boys as if it suddenly struck my mind and cast the first question, "This must be the right way to Seo-o-reung, isn't it?   This question was not a burden to them.  A "Yes" or "No" would be enough, and it was also a question that provided them with a chance for charity and pride.

ChungGuHoe6,7p.jpg

나눔글꼴 설치 안내

이 PC에는 나눔글꼴이 설치되어 있지 않습니다.

이 사이트를 나눔글꼴로 보기 위해서는
나눔글꼴을 설치해야 합니다.

설치 취소

Designed by sketchbooks.co.kr / sketchbook5 board skin

Sketchbook5, 스케치북5

Sketchbook5, 스케치북5

Sketchbook5, 스케치북5

Sketchbook5, 스케치북5