Prev이전 문서

Next다음 문서

+ - Up Down Comment Print
?

단축키

Prev이전 문서

Next다음 문서

+ - Up Down Comment Print

내가 이 청구용사들을 잊을 수 없는 일이 하나 있는데 그것은 1967년 2월 내가 수도육군병원에서 담낭절제수술을 받고 입원하고 있을 때의 일이다. 그 달의 모임에 참석할 수 없노라는 사연을 간단히 엽서로 띄우면서 혹시라도 병원으로 문병 오지 않도록, 곧 퇴원하게 될 테니까 절대로 찾아오지 말 것을 부탁하였다. 그래서 그 꼬마들은 내가 퇴원할 때까지 다행히 병원에 오지 않았었다.

One unforgettable event, an event by which I cannot forget the members of Chung-Gu Hoe, happened when I had cholecystectomy at Sudo Military Hospital in February, 1967.  I sent a postcard excusing my inevitable absence from the meeting of the month and asked them not to be bothered to visit, since I would soon leave the hospital.  Thus to my relief, they had not visited until I left there.

그러나 다음 달에 우리가 만났을 때 그들이 두 번이나 찾아왔다가 두 번 모두 위병소에서 거절당하였음을 알았다. 그것도 삶은 계란을 싸가지고 왔었단다. 더욱이 나이가 제일 어린 이규승이는 평소에 같이 걸어갈 때에도 내 팔에 매달리며 걸었는데 한 번은 저 혼자서 병원까지 왔다가 돌아갔다는 것이었다.

Yet when we met the next month, I was surprised to find out that they had come two times to see me and had been refused both times at the guardhouse.  In addition, they said they had brought boiled eggs for me.  Moreover, the youngest Lee, Kyu-seung, who used to hang on my arms when we walked, was one day said to have been to the hospital all by himself.

물론 삶은 계란은 자기들끼리 나누어 먹었겠지만 그들이 그렇게 벼르고 별렀던 서오릉 소풍 때에도 계란을 싸가지고 갈 수 없었던 가난한 형편을 생각하면 결코 잊을 수 없는 일이 아닐 수 없다. 그들은 문화동에서 멀리 병원까지 걸어서 왔다가 걸어서 돌아간 것이었다.

Of course, they probably shared the boiled eggs among themselves, but considering that they could not afford to bring boiled eggs even for the picnic at Seo-O-Reung, it became something I could not forget.  After all, they had walked a long distance from Mun-hwa Dong to the hospital which was located at the opposite end of Seoul and went back on foot.

ChungGuHoe45p.jpg

나눔글꼴 설치 안내

이 PC에는 나눔글꼴이 설치되어 있지 않습니다.

이 사이트를 나눔글꼴로 보기 위해서는
나눔글꼴을 설치해야 합니다.

설치 취소

Designed by sketchbooks.co.kr / sketchbook5 board skin

Sketchbook5, 스케치북5

Sketchbook5, 스케치북5

Sketchbook5, 스케치북5

Sketchbook5, 스케치북5